Sprouts Home Day Care is committed to providing a top-notch child care experience at an affordable price, all while keeping it green.
A little bit about Sprouts:
We are Child-Friendly.
- Sprouts uses the guidelines set by Attatchment Parenting International to create the best possible environment for children to grow in, backed by what the current research says is best for development.
- We have three teachers who work with seven children, creating one of the best ratios you will find in any day care. This allows each child to get the amount of personal attention they need to thrive.
- Sprouts is a play-based child care, because we know that children learn best through play and exploration.
- We serve some of the healthiest food you can find on the planet, to ensure that the children at Sprouts are getting all the nutrition they need to thrive.
- We are licensed by Illinois DCFS and meet and exceed all safety and health standards set by the state.
We are Family-Friendly.
- Sprouts loves working with breastfeeding families and keeps in contact with group leaders at Breastfeeding USA to make sure we are as knowledgeable and supportive as possible.
- We will gladly work with families who use cloth diapers.
- We have a private Flickr stream for parents that they can log into during the day to see pictures of what their kids are doing as they are doing it.
- We will gladly accommodate children with special dietary needs, including food allergies, gluten free, and dairy free.
- We believe that children do best when they are raised in a community and we regularly hold family events at Sprouts.
- Sprouts is a clean, low stress environment where our days are filled with plenty of psychical activity and healthy foods. This helps children, and in turn families, to stay healthy. We very rarely have children get sick at Sprouts.
We are Eco-Friendly.
- Sprouts is certified as an Eco-Healthy Child Care by the Children’s Environmental Health Network, which means we do everything we can do to create a safe, chemical free environment.
- We serve organic, locally sourced, home-cooked meals and snacks here at Sprouts. This means local pasture raised meats, organic vegetables, and healthy whole foods at every meal.
- We have large vegetables gardens, fruit trees, and a green house where the children can help grow the food they eat.
- We use only non-toxic cleaning products, including our homemade foaming hand soap.
- All of our toys are made from either natural materials or BPA-free plastic and encourage imaginative play.
We are open Monday through Friday from 7 AM to 5:30 PM.